Brief description of the solution and the added value it delivers
Automated web application that connects official, public and free sources of socio-economic data for online analysis using AI.
Description of the technological basis
Economics @Intelligence offers a technological solution that generates big data and applies online artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to shed light on any kind of economic analysis. With its Economics @Intelligence Database , it offers, free of charge and in a centralised and unified manner, a portal where official, public and free data from various official sources can be accessed directly, downloaded simply and visualised attractively; moreover, for economic analysis, it offers all the computational power of artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques.
‘Generate big data and apply online artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to shed light on any kind of economic analysis’
‘Simple to download and attractively displayed’
Business needs / application
- Obtaining and analysing data is costly in terms of time, money, and human and material resources.
- Internationally, Spain is the norm, not the exception, as borne out by the pioneering initiatives of MIT and Harvard (with just international trade data) and Wharton (with just 500 datasets).
- Specialist knowledge in the main knowledge areas related to the project.
- Privileged identification of the best talent to work on the project.
- Cost advantages and synergies stemming from the intrinsic relationship with UPM.
- At the national level, the tool has more than 11,000 datasets and 70 million observations (no public or private sector entity is harnessing that information using these techniques and placing them at the service of society).
Stage of development
- Lab prototype
- Industrial prototype
Raúl G. Sanchis
Grupo de Análisis de Decisiones y Estadística | ETSI Informáticos – Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial & Departamento de Ingeniería de Organización, ADE y Estadística | UPM
Technological Innovation Support Centre (CAIT) – UPM